[part title=”5) Common sense prevails”]
5) Common sense prevails – above all else BE SAFE!
The following seven common senses are elaborated on in the RYA Windsurfing Logbook and G49 Start Windsurfing.
• Is all your equipment seaworthy and suitable?
• Tell someone where you are going and when you will be back
• Obtain a forecast for the local sailing area
• Are you capable of handling prevailing conditions?
• Sail with others
• Avoid strong tides, offshore winds and poor visibility
• Consider other water users