Across the UK, youth windsurfing teams have been battling it out on the water in the Team15 (T15) Inter-Club Championship in a bid to be crowned 2013 Team15 Champions.
With just three months of racing to go until the national final-the Team15 Champions Cup held in October, competition is heating up with the 34 teams all desperate to secure their place.
The Team15 Inter-Club Championship takes place in nine regional Zones across the UK with four events held in each Zone. At the end of the series, teams with the best score in each Zone go head to head in the National Final, the Team15 Champions Cup.
Latest Team15 headlines
· Kicked off the championship back in May in Weymouth
· ‘Will’s Weymouth Warriors’ make their Team15 debut
· Reigning South Zone champions the ‘Axbridge Animals’ dominated the opening rounds claiming the win at first two events
· ‘Croft Farm Flyers’ celebrate their first ever Team15 victory (event 1)
· Reigning Midlands Champions the ‘Pitsford Pirates’ come back in fighting form beating local rivals the ‘Carsington Comets in events 2 and 3
· Croft Farm Flyers sit in third place (events 2 and 3)
· Largs Wave Warriors secure win on home waters (event 1)
· Champions Cup regulars Loch Insh Monsters also claim win on home turf (event 2)
· Will the Clyde Barracudas be able to up their game and secure victory at the next event in August?
South East Zone
· Spray Sprites gain early bragging rights claiming two wins out of two
· 2012 Team15 Champions the Hythe Hotshots finish second place in first two events
· The Rye Rebels currently sit in third position
· The team to beat so far are the Pugneys Pirates last year’s North Zone regional Champions
· Derwent Devils finish second place in event 1
· New kids on the block the Kielder Kestrels are not far behind with a great start in the Championship (2nd place in event 2)
· 2011 T15 Champions West Kirby Warriors dominate in their first two events
· Hollingworth Hunters are close behind finishing in 2nd place in event 1 and 2
· Glorious Glossop currently sit in third place
· Polkerris Pirates are leading their Cornish competitors
· The Siblyback Water Warriors finish second place in event 1 and third place in event 2
· Last year’s South West Champions, the Roseland Waveriders also secure 2nd place in event 2
· The first Team15 event will take place on 14 July at Llandegfedd/Gwent Adventures. Visit www.team15.org.uk for more information.