Ladies and Gentlemen, the time has once again arrived for the fantastic event that is Pompey Wave!
That’s right, Portsmouth are welcoming all student windsurfers down for a weekend or wind, waves and whimsy. The event is taking place on the 7th-9th December 2012. The theme this year, as it’s so close to everyone’s favourite festive period, is Christmas. So we want to see everyone spruced up in their best xmas attire from sexy Santas to juvenile Jesus’!
This weekend is an introduction to wave riding, so whether wave riding is your thing or you’ve never done it before and would just like to give it a go come down to Portsmouth for one hell of a weekend!
So here’s the plan:
• Once you’ve settled in it’s time to hit the Union for some beverages and some world class Karaoke then we’ll see where the night takes us.
- In the morning we’ll be busy recovering and having breakfast at your lovely host’s house.
- After a short drive to West Witterings there will be the opportunity to find out some new stuff from the pros that are coming to the event to give some talks and top tips. Following this there will be demo kit and the chance to do some free sailing for all ranges of ability. The windsurfing for Saturday will end with a bang with the first of the competitions.
- In the evening after getting your fill of pizza at your host’s house we’ll all get together at someone house to consume heartily as we all don our finest festive fancy dress and get ready to hit the one and only Babylon.
- As some people may be feeling quite fragile we’re going to have a good old fashioned fry up at one of Portsmouth’s delightful cafes and swap stories of the weekend’s events.
- We’ll make the final trip to the West Witterings to where there will be another chance to try out some demo kit and get out on the water doing some free sailing. Next, the top windsurfers will be battling it out in the second part of the competition, this will be followed by the prize giving.
All this for £25… EPIC. Sign up now here on the SWA website.
You might also like to read: