News

The Windsurf Girl

One for the ladies, the ultimate windsurf chick lit is here… The Windsurf Girl. 

Written by Margaret Meadowcrowft, owner of Rye Watersports, this is a seductive tale bringing windsurfing into mainstream literature. Read on for more about the novel:

The Windsurf Girl

“The story follows Fran who is desperate to escape city life and her husband, who she suspects is having an affair. She flees with her little girl to a remote beach hut on the windswept shores of the Suffolk coast. When she is followed there by her brother, sister-in-law Annabel and the outrageously seductive Lydia, village life on the peaceful Suffolk marshes spirals into freefall.

Fran is thrown between life in London, where she is forced again into her husband’s world of excess, with devastating consequences, and her remote beach hut hideaway. Here she is drawn to Tom, who rekindles her passion for windsurfing, unaware of a long-hidden secret that is his bedfellow.

When Annabel gains evidence of their husbands’ corrupt dealings, the two women must take a gamble that could impact on the lives of everyone they hold dear in order to finally break free.

“Writing a book is the ultimate challenge and I always knew this was my goal,” the author comments. “Inspiration came from time spent at my sister’s beach hut on the edge of the Suffolk marshes, just yards from the sea. We spent hours windsurfing and it was there that my novel came to life and I wrote the first chapters.”

Full of adrenaline, heartache and escapism, The Windsurf Girl is a story of a fascinating heroine and the people who love and betray her. How she deals with adversity could redefine the boundaries of your own life.”

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production