Technique

10 Freeride Moves You Didn’t Think Were Possible

Freeride gear doesn’t have to just be for blasting back and forth; John Skye joins Boards to talk you through 10 moves that you can do on any gear that will take your ‘freeriding’ to the next level.

When I was growing up, most of my sailing was inland and I took every opportunity I could to get on the water, no matter what size gear I was using. Even a classic 6.5m freeride session was considered as a good day, however it never stopped me always wanting to try something new and push the limits. No matter what gear you are using the boundaries are endless.

Flash forward 15 years and my time on big gear is a lot less, but I still get the same buzz from it. Whether its blasting around Poole Harbour on a slalomy Firestorm or getting a bit tricky on the Firemove, the modern gear makes pushing the limits more fun than ever. So, if you want to broaden your horizons, what can you do?

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production