People

BWA 2014 Title – Who’s It Going To Be?

3. What was your most memorable heat against each other?

PH: I can’t really remember too many? The ones you win you forget how you got there, the ones that stick in your mind are the ones you lose as the loan stays with you longer!

BP: To be honest they are all a bit of a blur really as we’ve had so many. I have a few meaningful victories in my head, but to be honest the one that stands out is a heat in Tiree about 10 years ago which was the first time Phil ever beat me. We were at the Maize with riding only conditions. It was towards the end of the heat and I already had loads of waves, staying busy I thought I had it in the bag. Phil was out the back just waiting. With about a minute to go I chose to ride another wave and left him out the back. After riding my wave I look up to see Phil on the set of the day. Needless to say he ripped it apart and kicked my ass. I learned a good tactical lesson that day which has really helped me over the years. Don’t leave a man behind, haha..

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production