What about specialised equipment, rescue/safety gear, what’s packed and who are the main supporters of the trip?
A monumental list-
– SPOT Gen3 trackers- a GPS tracking system that show us where everyone is at any time, using satellites.
– Walkie talkies with a 36 mile range plus waterproof cases.
– Phones, if coverage available..
– Satellite phones, if all other systems fail
– Waterproof torches
– Waterproof flashing lights
– Glow sticks
– Buoyancy aids
– Camelbaks/ hydration bladders
– Neoprene balaclavas (anti-hypothermia although unlikely in Brazil!)
– Wetsuit shoes – for any long walks home over mangroves
– Inflatable bouyancy
– More food
– GPS speed/ tracker
– Gaffer tape
– Two ropes
– Local money
– Identity cards that have phrases like I am Guy Cribb from UK please phone this number in emergency, and popular phrases like – I need a phone, I don’t speak Portugese, Where is? All our accom info, etc
– Spare batteries
– Basic first aid (gaffer tape)
– Sun cream
– -Hawaiian shirts
– just your average day out windsurfing…