How To

Wannabe a Wavesailor with Jem Hall: Getting Out

Jem, preparing to get out at Baja

Forging ahead with his fully frontside series, Jem Hall assists and inspires you to get out the back in readiness to catch a wave…

As a wise wavesailor once said (and no, it wasn’t me), “You’ve got to go back to get in front”. With this piece of pure, distilled wisdom firmly in mind, let’s look at the best ways to get out the back in one piece and in prime position to get some sweet rides in. I say “in one piece”, but really what I mean is getting out in the most efficient and effective way possible. This will mean you have more energy to apply in actively jumping and riding the waves you target, seeing as you are, most definitely, a pilot and not a passenger.

Your most simple targets here are to choose the right route out, launching at the right time, and performing the right technique. Let’s use our tried and tested formula to get you out the back with knowledge and power…

Click here to read Jem’s Wannabe 257 article in full…

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production