Magazine

Issue 271

BOARDS 271

contents 271 / MARCH 2011 / Covershot: Robby Swift at Jaws by Darryl Wong

features

MINI TEST 1

Word on the beach is that Steve Thorp has been working the plastic fantastic and quietly taking the world by storm with his cost effective answer to G10 wave fins. Time to send in our super sleuth, Adrian Jones, to track him down and find out more…

GUYS ON TOUR – VICTOR FERNANDEZ

Acting on reports that the recently crowned World Wave Champ had been spotted among the large flock of migratory pros overwintering on Cape Town’s prime feeding grounds, Phil Horrocks winged his way down for a chat…

100L FREESTYLE BOARDS

Still convinced that freestyle boards are designed purely for hyperactive rubber-limbed kids with gyroscopic balancing skills? Then read on as Adrian Jones, ably assisted as ever by the Clones, brings us up to date…

ROAMIN’ RHODES

Taking a short break from his ELK shooting tour of the UK, Dave White heads out to the Dodecanese archipelago’s biggest island to explore the windsurfing potential…

INTERNED IN THE LOFT

Windsurfing internships are tough to come by… Or are they? Harmen Bakker reveals how a simple but effective four-step plan resulted in him spending a fruitful five months at a well-known sail loft… 

MINI TEST 2

Our esteemed editor discovers that working for a windsurfing mag isn’t all sweetness and light; occasionally you have to confront your fears, face the elephant in the room, and let the cat out of the bag…

BETWEEN CANCER AND SECOND LIFE

Axel Reese catches up with freestyle sensation and film producer Andre Paskowski to find out how his post operative rehab’s going, and talk about his plans for the future…

MR & MRS WINDSURFING

If there was a competition to find the perfect windsurfing couple, then we’d say that this month’s ‘Have Your Say’ participants, Mark and Jackie Lambert, would probably walk away with it… 

HANGING A LEFT AT JAWS

Not another Jaws picture spread? Pleeeaase… But listen up – it’s our Swifty, and the boy has a different angle on the place…

regulars

DROPPING IN

PICTURE DESK

NEWS

Sims o’Clock

Fuller’s Way

SB WINDWISE

WANNABE A WAVESAILOR

BAKER ACADEMY

READERS’ PIX

NEXT ISSUE

CLOSE OUT

+++ ADDENDUM +++

Unfortunately a printing error has led to a glitch on p126 of this issue and the omission of a few lines of text. Dave White: Jaw dropping mistaken celebration. It’s not so much I want to celebrate a mistake but having been told at school I’m likely to bring a long list of them, I feel quite honoured to be highlighting the second in my time at BOARDS. File corruption or printer error for me isn’t the issue, it’s the content that went missing I’d rather draw your attention to. Sure, you’ll still find Robby Swift sailing Jaws within the pages of BOARDS when it drops through your door, but in a rather left field approach to the sneak peek, here’s p126 in its full and unadulterated glory.”

BOARDS 271, p126

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production