News

1 Man, 1 Pair of Speedos, 1 Bikini and 100 Loops.

Boards are pleased to announce that the slightly mad Jamie Drummond has completed his 100 Loops for W4CR over in Vassiliki! Jamie took time out of his busy work schedule with Ocean Elements to don some speedos and fling himself around loop after loop, Boards catches up with him to find out a little more about the ordeal…

Jamie Drummond, mid loop!

“I’m very happy to say that I have completed my 100-Loop Challenge for Watersports 4 Cancer Research. The 15th June saw Vassiliki deliver an hour of full power 4.8 weather and I was able to crank out 52 loops in that time. Our guests at the Ocean Elements centre seemed to enjoy the action and made a lot of generous donations, allowing me to hit my fundraising target of £500. I was really excited to have hit my target, but a little apprehensive as this meant I had to completed the remaining 48 loops in Speedos! Unfortunately, following a quick costume change, the wind dropped and I had to wait for the next windy day when I was free to complete the remaining rotations.

“The day eventually came and in winds of about 25 knots, I took to the water wearing…not much! Prior to this event, I wouldn’t have expected a pair of boardshorts to offer much more padding and protection than a pair of Speedos, but I can now confirm that they make a huge difference.

Within 20 loops, I had torn a lovely pair of red hotpants to shreds and had to hide in the shallows awaiting a replacement pair!

Thanks very much to Katie Heywood for sacrificing a pair of bikini bottoms for the cause. I lost count at around 80, so decided to launch myself into an extra six loops, just to make sure I hit the century.

“The wind really picked up and I was seriously overpowered on 4.8 but decided to crack on (no pun intended!) and get the remaining forwards done and dusted. I finally hit 100 loops, a few hours on the water very well spent!

“I have managed to raise about €130 in resort and £543 through my JustGiving page – which is still live for another week or two, so please donate if you get the chance: http://www.justgiving.com/DrummondK787

“I would like to extend a huge thanks to everyone who donated online and in resort, everyone who filmed and photographed, and an apology to everyone who might have caught an eyeful on the water in Vass! Keep your eyes peeled for a video of the event going online very soon.”

Thank you Jamie and congratulations again, can’t wait to see the video!

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production