KANGAROO POO SPONSORS WINDSURFER
Kangaroo Poo, the classic board sports brand, is to sponsor one of the UK’s leading youth windsurfers, Darren Mitchell.
18 year old, Darren from Formby, who secured first place in the Youth competition in the Tiree Triple Crown event in 2004, is hoping to compete in more events this year.
The sponsorship deal will provide Darren with kit for the year and will allow him to invest his resources in competitions. He is hoping to compete in the Pro Mens Fleet in 2005/06.
Darren’s discipline is Freewave and he has been windsurfing for years, after being introduced to the sport by his father on Bala Lake in Wales.
Other successes in Darren’s career include; 3rd place overall in the Youth Triple Crown in 2004 and 1st Youth – Poole Windfest in 2003.
- Kangaroo Poo, is actively promoting the brand in the active outdoor arena over the coming year including surf, windsurf, sailing and Zapcat racing.
- The company supports the development of surfing in the UK with it’s continuing Gold sponsorship of the British Surfing Association,(B.S.A). In addition they are repeating their sponsorship of the Jersey leg of the British Professional Surfing Association tour. This event is one of the richest on the tour and will attract the top flight surfers with it’s 3 star status. To help with the development and support of women’s surfing, there will be a dedicated Board Angels women’s 3 star event as well as a junior event to help spot potential new talent.
- In windsurf, the company has recently signed a sponsorship dealwith Darren Mitchell, one of the UK’s leading youth windsurfers.
- Kangaroo Poo also sponsor a Zapcat race team, headed up by lead rider, David Farghar who will be competing in 8 events around the UK.
- Kangaroo Poo is also the main sponsor of the Albacore International Sailing Regatta at Lyme Regis – 2 – 9th September 2005.