News

TEAM PRYDE’S LATEST ADDITION

Neil Pryde Welcomes Levi Siver 

Neil Pryde Windsurfing is proud to announce the newest addition to Team Pryde. Idaho born Levi Siver (USA-0) joins the Neil Pryde team this month with a current world ranking of 18th and the kudos of recently being named the second best North American Windsurfer by Windsport Magazine.

Having moved to Maui with his family in 1992 as a 12 year old, Levi quickly became obsessed with wavesailing – ultimately turning pro at just 17 and coming 5th in his first World Cup competition Punta San Carlos, in Baja. Now at 24 he has developed his own, unique style that quite simply blows people’s minds and is taking on the world with his tricky maneuvers.

We caught up with Levi to find out how he feels to be back on Pryde what his plans are for the coming season.

How does it feel being back on Pryde?

Levi: I’m really excited and I knew for years that Pryde had killer equipment. Everything’s light and pleasing to the eye. Their test team seems to be very devoted to making the best stuff around so that’s important as well. They have great team and riding with Polakow again will be awesome.

What are your goals for this season?

Levi: I was approached a few months ago by a filming director to co-produce and ride in a 16mm film by Poorboyzproductions. There will be a lot of intense shots with helicopters, jet skis, Jaws sessions and some trips to some other countries for new waves. I think this will take a lot of my time but the windsurfing world will be totally stoked. I know Jason will be in there and a lot great riders.

What inspires you in the sport?

Levi: Late afternoon sessions at Ho’okipa with friends and smiles and great moments that’s why I started to begin with I loved the freedom windsurfing offers, just you and this huge blue ocean and there’s no rules or regulations.

What are you known for in the sport?

Levi: I like to work a lot on style and pushing my riding in big waves. I have always been very critical on how I ride and my father took a lot of video of me through the years so I think that paid off.

What are your best results to date?

1st Japan 2003 Omezaki
2nd Germany Soulwave
2nd Freestyle Pwa Fuerte Ventura

When did you start windsurfing?

Levi: My parents windsurfed a lot through the 1980’s and started my brother Luke and I when we were around 8 years old. I loved it and wanted to be better than my brother; we were very competitive with each other. We moved to Maui in the fall of 1992 and we arrived the first day of the Aloha Classic. My jaw dropped watching these pros take on each other in mast high waves. I wanted to be pro after watching. I remember Polakow just killing it and Robby Naish doing classic turns it was great.

What advice could you give to the kids out there?

Levi: Don’t worry about reaching a standard or don’t measure yourself with other people
if you love what you do your one step ahead. Enjoy the process of learning and you’ll get there.

Welcome back to Team Pryde!

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production