UK Sailor News

HIBBARD WINS WHITE AIR TITLE

Hibbard wins White Air Title

After 4 days of Freestyle and Wavesailing competition, John Hibbard has won the White Air Freewave title.

Held on the Isle of Wight, conditions ranged from clean head high swell and perfect cross offshore winds, to light onshore winds and small waves. John saw off challenges from some of the UK’s top wave and freestyle talent beating the likes of Chris Audsley (UK, wavesailing champion), Andy King, Paul Hunt and Jamie Hancock to take the overall event win.

John says about his victory: “The Isle of Wight has always been a good competition ground for me and after winning the Britain’s Most Extreme title there last year it was great to go back and take another title, this time in my favored sport of windsurfing. The competition was really close and the event lead changed constantly throughout the 4 days. I needed to finish 2nd or better in the final round on Sunday to take the win and I was really happy to take 1st place in that, which secured the title”.

John now plans to head off to Cape Town for training and photo shoots before returning to the UK to try his luck at the PWA Indoor Windsurfing Championships at the London Boat Show in January. K-007 is sponsored by Tushingham Sails, Starboard, Fat Face, Neilson Active Holidays and Maui Magic.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production