News

SLALOM VICTORY FOR DAN

Dan Ellis wins 1st leg of the UK Slalom Championships.

In the beautiful surroundings under St Michaels Mt Dan headed the fleet after 3 rounds of slalom.

In winds of 11-13 knots Dan looked to have the perfect setup using his Fanatic Falcon 131, Deboichet 50 SL2 and powered by the Naish Stealth 9.0. Of the 3 rounds Dan took 2 bullets but didn’t have it all his own way. In the second round Dan found Xavier Ferlet sat on the front of his board as he came out of the last gybe mark! And the flying Frenchman refused to move as they sailed half the leg joined up. After a few harsh words all was restored to its proper place and Dan was stoked to win in front of the home crowds.

“After a winter away training and racing it’s great to come home and be racing with my mates and even better to win. We had the lightest of conditions here which aren’t my favourite but I feel really confident with my Fanatic Naish set up which was absolutely flying.”

Next stop for Dan is the Euro Cup in Leucate (France) before leg 2 of the UK Championships in Hove on the 1st May bank holiday. Dan will also be heading up the commentary on the beach in Hove for the Formula and Junior races so come down to see and hear the excitement.   

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production