News

2015 UKWA Windsurfer of the Year – Kevin Greenslade

The votes have been counted and scores are in, the 2015 UKWA Windsurfer of the Year is Kevin Greenslade. We hand over to the UKWA for their official announcement.

The voting was close between the nominees from all aspects of UK windsurfing competition (Slalom, Wave, Speed, Freestyle and Racing). As usual, the line up was strong with Ross Williams, Robbie Swift, Kevin Greenslade, Adam Sims and Louis Morris all in with a chance.

But the clear winner for 2015/16 is Kevin Greenslade, with the most votes from the public. Once again the winner is from the speed category, three times in the last 4 years. A well deserved result for him on the back of his results in speed sailing not just this year but for holding the UKWA speed trophy for an incredible 5 years.

Quote from the man himself “I am absolutely blown away to have received the news today that I have been voted the UKWA Windsurfer of the Year. I would like to congratulate the other nominees in their achievements during 2015 and am sure they will all go onto bigger better achievements in 2016. Thanks to my Sponsors Gaastra/Tabou, F-hot fins and OTC for making it possible for me to compete from year to year. I would also like to thank my family, friends and Girlfriend for all the support through the year. A massive thanks and a Happy New Year to everyone who voted. I look forward to seeing everyone on the water in 2016″.

Bob Ingram Chairman of the UKWA said “Well done to all the Nominees who are all champions in their own right, especially Kevin who deserves this award not only for holding the UKWA speed trophy for 5 years, he is also a great ambassador for windsurfing in general. Finally thank you to all the people who voted”. 

We will arrange for last years winner Ben Proffitt to hand over the UKWA WOTY trophy very soon.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production