News

JP SLALOM III

JP SLALOM III

Just in time for the upcoming racing season, JP launches the third generation of Slalom boards. The first boards are already delivered now and will be available at the beginning of 2007.

Developed by Werner Gnigler together with Micah Buzianis, the new boards are optimised to improve their World Cup level performance and top-end control.

THE THIRD GENERATION
Werner Gnigler:
As soon as Micah Buzianis joined JP I started working with him on the 3rd Generation of Slalom boards. When I asked him what he expects from the new line his answer was simple and clear:
– Top Speed
– Good Control and Easy Handling
At top level racing small differences decide about loosing or winning. All the top riders are great sailors and very fit. Even for the best in the world a board which is just slightly easier to
handle, makes the difference.

We discussed the range, shape details and basic measurements. The first round of protos was done to Micahs specifications. After extensive testing and tuning in Cape Town we made a big step
forward and fixed the details for the next round of protos. We are not following the super short board concept anymore, specially on the smaller sizes we made them longer again resulting in easy jibing and forgiveness in maneuvers.

Radical changes happened in the volume distribution of all four boards. I thinned out the whole board, especially in the nose and center area. I also made the rails thinner and reduced the rail
radius. These changes result in huge improvements in top end control and consequently in easily maintaining top speed over a long period.

A comfortable stance is essential for long high speed runs. A constant deck radius allows the rider to wrap his feet around the rail. Constant, even pressure on both feet and perfect lock in the
footstraps makes high speed runs a relaxed experience. The new deck shape also allowed us to move the straps slightly closer to the center line. This change, in combination with the adjusted outlines with more curve between the straps, results in huge improvements on the maneuvers side.
The smallest size (69) is now a real high wind board but it is not only limited to the slalom course as it is also a great board for the speed strip.

The tail Cut-Outs have been adjusted to each board size. The smaller boards require a longer rail line for more top end control and therefore come with a smaller or no Cut-Out (69). The bigger models which obviously have a wider tail require a bigger Cut-Out to achieve a loose water position and perfect water release (flow).

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production