News

SARAH-QUITA OFFRINGA JOINS TEAMPRYDE

SARAH-QUITA OFFRINGA JOINS TEAMPRYDE

NeilPryde Windsurfing is proud to announce the newest addition to Team Pryde.

2006 PWA Rookie of the Year, 15 year old Sarah-Quita Offringa (ARU-91) joins the Neil Pryde International team this month.

Born on the 4th of July 1991 Sarah-Quita started windsurfing at age 9 and living on the island of Aruba, with offshore winds and flat water, it is no wonder that freestyle is her discipline of choice.

Sarah-Quita took part in her first freestyle competition in Bonair at age 10 and just 5 years later she finished the 2006 women’s freestyle tour in 2nd place after an outstanding win in the prestigious Fuerteventura PWA event.

“Sarah-Quita’s unique look and amazing talent on the water make her a great addition to Team Pryde” said NeilPryde Division Manager Jonathan Squires. “We are very pleased to have her join our freestyle team and look forward to seeing more great results from Sarah-Quita like her win in Fuerteventura”.

Welcome to TeamPryde Sarah-Quita !

Interview with Sarah-Quita Offringa

We caught up with Sarah-Quita to find out how she feels to part of TeamPryde and what her plans are for the coming season.

How does it feel part of TeamPryde?

SQO: I’ve always seen NeilPryde as the biggest company in windsurfing, and I’m happy to be part of it! It is a great next step for me.

What are your goals for this season?

SQO: I plan to attend all freestyle events on the PWA tour this year. I would like to achieve the same top spot like last year and from there see if I can do better, world champ maybe? Other than that I want get my freestyle level up higher.

I’d really like to go to Margarita in May, because it looks like a really good freestyle spot. It must be good as there are 2 freestyle champions coming from there.

What inspires you in the sport?

SQO: What inspires me in windsurfing is my drive to get better and seeing new moves that I want to try and do.

How do you fit your windsurfing in with your school commitments?

SQO: I just have to work hard in school. If I’m away during school then I bring my school books and try to keep up, but It’s really hard to concentrate It’s pretty much useless to bring my schoolbooks, so when I get home I have to catch up on a lot and I can’t go out too much but that’s just for 1 or 2 weeks, nothing compared to how long I was away and how much fun I had at the competitions.

What advice could you give to girls thinking about taking up windsurfing?

SQO:   It’s a great sport, so just go for it!

For more about Sarah-Quita Offringa check out her profile in the TeamPryde section of www.neilpryde.com.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production