News

OFFICIAL- KAULI SIGNS WITH JP

KAULI SEADI, BRA253, SIGNS WITH JP AUSTRALIA

We’ve known about it for months, you’ve heard the rumours, and now it is finally official. Kauli has
signed a 3-year contract with JP – and you can expect a similar announcment from Neil Pryde later today.

Jason Polakow had the following to say:
“For me Kauli is clearly the most talented wave sailor today. In real wave riding none of the
other young guys is even close to him and on top of that he is able to add in his freestyle
tricks. I basically initiated the talks with him, as I really wanted him on our team. So I am
super happy that it finally worked out”.

Kauli was on his way to become a tennis professional when he first tried windsurfing at
the age of 12. Being already a good surfer he was immediately hooked on windsurfing and
gave up on tennis. He grew up in Ibiraquera close to Floranopolis in the south of Brazil
where you find all kind of wave sailing conditions. With only 16 he started going to Maui to
get ready for the PWA world tour.

He has actually a lot in common with Jason Polakow. When he arrived on Maui, just like
Jason, he immediately impressed people with his fluent wave sailing style and soon he
started to integrate freestyle tricks into his wave sailing.

Kauli was one of the very first riders who started experimenting with Twin Fin Wave Boards
– just like Jason used pintail wave boards while at that time everybody else on Maui was
using asymmetrical boards. Kauli has continued to work on the Twinser concept even
though some people thought that this direction was completely wrong. Today a huge
percentage of the PWA fleet is using twinser boards. He basically initiated the biggest new
trend in wave boards since the re-birth of pintail boards in the early nineties.
Kauli and Jason have two wave sailing titles under their belt and both are not from Maui.

Kauli commented the following:
“I have been in touch with the management of JP for quite a while and have now finally
decided to make this move. I am really stoked about it. I am convinced that with their international connections and network we will be able to promote and push windsurfing to a new level. And especially show the youngsters what a cool and wonderful sport windsurfing is. I have always been impressed by the professionalism of the JP organization. I think my Brazilian roots and way of seeing things and their management skills will be a perfect combination. Right now we are working on my own wave board line within the JP program. It will be a twinser fin line and it will come to the market this summer. Apart from that I will keep enjoying windsurfing as if any day was my first day of wave sailing….that is my motivation – titles are a great bonus but having fun and focusing on
reaching my best performance, are my goals!”

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production