The RRD and Ezzy Looping Lords and Ladies Challenge. a.k.a. The Triple L Challenge
sSs Windsurf Team Rider, Steve Waller, has a strong reputation for huge jumps and loops at many of the south coast venues and is affectionately known as ‘’Looping Lord Waller’’ by many.
As Steve approaches his 40th birthday, the last surges of his youthful adrenalin have filled his mind with a powerful competitive urge to prove that he can jump and loop higher than anyone else on the water, whether they are a windsurfer or a kite surfer.
So Steve has laid down the gauntlet: ‘’ I challenge anyone on the South Coast to do the HIGHEST LOOP before the 19th of June, that’s 40 days after my 40th birthday and sanity will kick back in. We are talking, out-jumping a kiter and throwing in a loop on the way down.’’
Not only will the winner receive total respect from anyone who knows anything about windsurfing but SeaSprite Sports are supporting the Triple L Challenge by putting a stunning ‘Looping Lords and Ladies’ Trophy on the table, along with a summer collection of RRD clothing for when the wind has gone and posing is a priority.
The rules are simple:
1. Photographic evidence is required as proof of the most insane high jump achieved and which must involve a loop.
2. You don’t have to live on the South Coast, but you do need to compete there for the prize, so that everyone shares the opportunity to benefit from similar choices of venue and conditions.
3. The challenge finishes at the end of sailing on the 19th of June and entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th of June 2008.
4. SeaSprite Sports Managing Director, Wouter Ardern, has the final decision on the winning jump and photographs need to be of a decent quality to allow close comparison.
5. SeaSprite Sports reserve the right to use any submitted photographs for promotion purposes.
6. No loop, no prize, no matter how high you go.
(Neither SeaSprite Sports nor it’s associates accept any responsibility for damage or injury to kit, persons or pride as a result of this challenge!)