National Windsurfing Week Photography Competition
With the long hot summer days fast approaching, what better way to spend your leisure time than participating in one of the worlds most popular watersports?
National Windsurfing Week, taking place across the country during the week of 3rd – 11th May, has been created by a group of windsurfing enthusiasts to promote the joys of the sport to the general public.
Time to get Snapping.
Windsurfing is a very colourful, entertaining sport and provides some great photographic opportunities. As such we are proud to announce the National Windsurfing Week Photography Competition.
To win one all you need to do is take some photographs of windsurfing during National Windsurfing Week and submit no more than 5 shots to email@example.com no later than 2nd June 2008. Do not forget to include your contact details or we will not know where to send your prize should you win.
There is 1 prize for each category.
1. Spirit of National Windsurfing Week.
This can be anything that captures what the judges feel windsurfing is all about. It could be a crowd gathered at an event or your child having fun on the water. Use your imagination and come up with something special.
2. Best Windsurfing Photograph.
Try and be creative and really show us what windsurfing is all about. From a crowded race with loads of people out on the water to one of the freestyling kids it is up to you.
Dave has kindly give us his top tips for getting the best results.
1. Never be afraid to ask. Most are photographers happy to let you know what settings they're using and give you their advice.
2. Nothing is wrong, if it pleases you, its right, but make sure you learn from what you dislike.
3. Shoot in raw and plan to use the extra freedom you get from post production.
4. Freezing the action doesn't always define the sport, lower shutter speed and panning can bring a picture to life.
5. Watch the rider, you'll soon get to know what he's about to do, before the take off. Everyone has their own style whichever side of the lens that are.
The most important thing is to get out there and have fun.
All entries must be received by 2nd June 2008 and should be taken during National Windsurfing Week or at one of the lead up events in the preceding weeks.
The NWW team may not enter nor any employee of Surfsales.
The Judges decision is final. He’s a big bloke so you probably wouldn’t want to argue with him anyway.
Any images you submit may be used in current and future National Windsurfing Week publicity or website and only for that purpose. You still retain all other rights to your work.
All entrants must reside in the