GUY CRIBB'S BOURNEMOUTH 2 BRIGHTON BLAST 2008
This years windsurfing trip from Bournemouth to Brighton takes place on the first windy day after June 24th - who's up for this mega challenge?
In part or in full (there's going to be plenty of stops along the south coast- Avon Beach, Calshot, Hayling, poss West Wittering, Pagham, Ferring, Shoreham, poss Hove and Brighton). Sail it on your own or ride alternate legs with your mate driving a car?
More info here:
Or search the mags/ forums or here for reports on last years event, which was epic:
Or watch the video here:
Hope you can join me in full or for part, to see how far can you go!
If you need to share a lift/ support, please try to find it here with the forumites or email email@example.com and I'll try hooking you up with a lift home.
Start date to be announced online at www.guycribb.com where there will be regular weather forecasts and a countdown to B2B day.
Let's make it massive! Thanks, Guy
INtuition's Bournemouth to Brighton Blast (end of June 2008)
Guy Cribb will be windsurfing from Bournemouth to Brighton on the first windy day after J24 June this year. He'll be stopping at various beaches along the south coast, so if you'd like to join him for all or part of the way, feel free. Guy will be sailing close enough to the beach at all times to make sure if anything goes wrong he'll get washed ashore, and he'll be taking the following personal safety kit:
- Waterproof bag with phone in it to phone a friend from whichever beach he makes it to
- Back pack full of bananas and energy food
- Camelbak full of energy drinks and water
- Headcam to film it
- Buoyancy aid/ impact vest for warmth and help in the event of exhaustion
- Waterproof bag of flares and distress signals
- Two waterproof GPS to measure speeds, distance and route sailed (needs two because one will probably break)
- Animal watch, some spare rope, cash and credit card
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to join him.