News

Winter Waves at LAST!

Pic:James ‘Keeno’ Browning

Winter Waves at LAST!

The cold patch has finally finished and this weekend the winter storms were back upon us.  TurfDog’s Adam Cropper and SWA Director Phil Cutter hit the road travelling west to meet the first storm for months. Their chosen location was Woolacombe in North Devon; it was a good call with 20 knots cross-shore wind and waves as tall as their masts.

“I had just purchased myself Starboard’s new twinzer wave board, the Evil Twin, and with magicseaweed piping up mid week with a big swell forecast, I new that this was a weekend not to miss. After arriving on Saturday, and having some fun (but cold!) surfing, the temperature starting to warm up along with an increasing Southerly wind. Sunday dawned with pumping swell and a strong SSW wind blowing. In the end my travel buddy James (or Keeno as he is best known) pulled a muscle in his back and was out of action on Sunday. Fortunately Phil had come down from Bristol and we had the place to ourselves all afternoon in the epic waves. Hopefully this is the start of some less chilly and more windy weather for us to get out windsailing some more this winter.”

Adam Cropper 

www.turfdog.co.uk

www.swa.co.uk

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production