NORTH WEST REGION WINDSURFING EVENTS FOR 2002
1) 7th April West Penine, Wardle, Rochdale
2) 14th April Budworth Open Event
3) 18/19th May Windermere (Demo weekend as well as racing)
4) 22nd June Southport (Southport Sailing Club)
5) 21st July Rossendale (Clow Bridge near Burnley)
6) 7th September Southport (Southport Sailing Club)
7) 6th October Crosby Marine Lake
8) TBC October West Penine
Junior (Under 17 on 31st December 2002):
Aloha and Techno classes in accordance with national junior class rules.
7.5 Raceboard (Longboard with maximum sail size of 7.5m2).
Unlimited (Anything goes - any board or sail combination with no restriction
on number of sails).
Techno Class (Any Techno or Tiga equivalent - no restriction on sail size).
1) If there are sufficient competitors for the series the Adults Classes may
be subdivided into age and weight categories. Entry forms will request this
2) All competitors must have their own 3rd Party Insurance (Membership of RYA
or UKWA provides this for free).
3) Events are organized by volunteers for the benefit of competitors and to
promote the sport of Windsurfing.
4) The decision of the event organizers is final.
5) Entry Fees: Adult £6, Junior £3.
6) First race starts at 11.30am.
For further information: Visit www.nwwa.org.uk
Ring: Geoff Ryan - 01704 573297 or Mike Cottam - 01772814939
See also: www.rya.org.uk , www.ukwindsurfing.com (UKWA), www.technoclass.org.uk
ALL WELCOME - It doesn't matter what your ability level is - come and give
it a try!