News

RRD X-Fire LTD

RRD international and Seasprite distribution are proud to introduce their blisteringly quick RRD X-Fire LTD slalom boards for 2009. The range includes 5 shapes for any professional racing conditions. Designed to dramatically improve comfort in blasting and gybing, with the addition of lightning acceleration. Real slalom machines!

Roberto and his R&D team have developed 5 completely new slalom boards for the 2009 season, to suit the new Slalom 63 PWA Rule: X-Fire 90, 105, 112, 120, 135. This will allow PRO PWA riders to choose the 3 boards that will cover all racing conditions during the whole 2009 slalom season and ensure that all riders have a slalom board with a huge wind range. Heavy riders can focus their attention on X-Fire LTD 135, 112 and 90, while light riders can slide on X-Fire LTD 120, 105 and 90 to reach best performances from light winds to stormy conditions.

FINIAN MAYNARD

“The three board PWA registration rule will bring a new aspect to the slalom World Cup as the boards must be chosen before the season begins. Personally, I will choose the 90, 112 and 135 because they fit my weight and needs the best. Heavy guys need the 85cm wide board without a question so it is only logical for me to choose the 112 next to cover my medium wind racing and at 69cm wide this board is perfect for many of the locations where we race. The 90 is also a clear and easy choice being the smallest board in the line as some races like Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura can become extremely windy and choppy. With these three sizes, all wind speeds from 7 to 45 knots are covered and that is with sail sizes ranging from 9.5 to 5.5. If by chance we must race in 50+ knots of wind, then it would be survival of the fittest, but it is possible to compete at a high level with the new equipment in radical conditions.”

For more info check out the RRD website!

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production