News

No Spin Fin

Never spin-out again!

Maui Ultra Fins (MUFins) have just launched a spin-out free fin – the Magic No-Spin Fin.

Finally, a windsurfer’s dream has come true. Never again a spin-out, this annoying stalling at the fin that makes the board suddenly lose grip and often lets you crash. It is often dangerous too, especially in buttom turns when the waves just want to get you…

In aviation sophisticated control functions (’flight envelope protection’) prevent this stalling, in windsurfing MUFins achieved this goal with a new profile that allows extremely high angles of attack and provides so much lateral force that a rider cannot overcome. This inherent Spin-Out Protection (ISOP) reacts like a rubber wall, it always brings you back on track.

The fin is ideal for all conditions: bump and jump, wave und freeride. That also makes it the perfect allround fin that is very fast and helps you to going upwind.

MUFins has again created an innovative product that will change windsurfing forever, making it safer and more fun at the same time without sacrificing performance. The Magic No-Spin Fins can be ordered on www.mauiultrafins.com

Magazine tester David Troup has given the Magic No-Spin Fin a thorough testing. Here are his results:

“The feature about the foil that you’ll appreciate is this: No spinout.

It’s true, really it is. No gimmicks, no hype. The foils keep the flow attached and also shed separated flow caused by a bad board/fin/air interface in wicked chop.

I tested their all around bump and jump fin at Kanaha, overpowered on a 5.3 on the Starboard Kode and I really put it through its paces with balls to the walls downwind runs, hard upwind drives, and broad reach sloppy sailing that would make any fin spinout.

While I could get the fin into a flow separation position, it immediately reconnected and continued sailing as if nothing happened. Mind you, this happens in less than a second and I really had to work hard to actually get it to happen in the first place. If I had to make a proper analogy, it’s like having traction control and anti-lock brakes for your board. They keep you out of trouble and make you a better driver.”  

You can read the complete article on http://epicsesh.blogspot.com/2008/12/review-maui-ultra-fins.html.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production