News

Interview with Gollito Estredo

Interview with Gollito Estredo

Two-times freestyle world Champion Gollito Estredo is a busy man. Travelling the world to catch best action on film and training for his last event takes up most of his time, but we managed to pin him down for a few moments to talk with us:

Four Dimensions Team: Gollito. Congratulations to your 1st place at the World Cup in Fuerteventura and your current leadership in the World Rankings. Season looks like it’s going as planned?

Gollito: Yes, I am so happy about all. Before the season started I was not sure. I watched movies from other riders which impressed me. Especially Kiri, who looked very strong. After winning the first two events though I feel very happy and a bit more relaxed and motivated to continue this way during our last event on Sylt.

FD Team: Recently you have been travelling to Brazil. What’s the reason?

Gollito: After Fuerte I visited Dr. Dwarf8 Beat in Tarifa to do a clinic with him, and then went back home to Venezuela. After only two days at my house I travelled all the long way to Brazil. Brazil is close to Venezuela but I still travelled 30 hours. In Jeri (North-East Brazil) we filmed the last part of the Four Dimensions movie.

FD Team: How was your time?

Gollito: It was great. OK, I did not have much time but we were able to sail different spots every day. I was also able to land a few new moves, which was a great training too. The most exciting was a helicopter ride to a new spot called Icaraizhino. We went together with Fabio, the owner of Club Ventos, and it was just great to see the coastline from above.

FD Team: Can you tell us what the new moves are? And will we see them in the movie?

Gollito: I landed flaka into shakas, flaka into no handed shakas and flaka into ponch – but don’t tell anybody 😉 because I want to be the only one performing these moves on Sylt. I guess Andre caught all on tape, and so I’m convinced we’ll get to see them in the movie. Still, I have to say that the plan is to keep our Brazil part more lifestyle and travelling in focus.

FD Team: Now you are back home, what’s coming up on your time schedule on the next 4 weeks?

Gollito: I am in El Yaque right now spending and enjoying some time with my family and friends. This always gives me back the power for the tour. Then in two weeks I am going to Paskowski’s house and we will drive down to Lake Garda to do the Ion Men Contest. After, I’ll spend a few more days in Andre’s House and then we get ready for Sylt. There I’ll try to win the 3rd world title – and of course I’m looking forward to finally seeing the movie on a big screen inside the cinema there.

FD Team: Have you not seen any parts of the movie yet?

Gollito: I did see 2-3 parts, and I was impressed. The way of editing and the angles of filming combined with action, story and lifestyle was great. But the full movie will be even better I guess, so I have to wait and see.

FD Team: Do you do any special Training for Sylt?

Gollito: No not really. I am sailing once it is windy and trying to push my level. But more than anything I’m looking to get energy back to bring my level to peak right at the point of the most important minutes this year.

FD Team: Thanks for your Interview.

Gollito is sponsored by: Fanatic, North, Ion, Smith, Dwarf8, Vestal

Info, trailer etc. about the Four Dimensions Movie: www.fourdimensionsmovie.com

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production