Videos

Tiree Turns On

Tiree, famous for the Wave Classic, light up just days after the Classic was over this year and whilst many of the competitors had already left, a small cohort stayed to enjoy glassy empty waves. BWA judge Mike Archer was one of the lucky few and recently checked in with us to share a few images and short video from the sessions these guys scored.

Since the 2015 wave classic didn’t have the best conditions I decided to stay on the island for an extra 5 days after the event. I was not disappointed, 4 out of the 5 days I was able to sail both starboard tack side shore or side off, followed by a jumping session. All the days had more swell than a decent south coast session, with a couple of mast high days thrown into the mix. See the pics of Crossapol and the video at Balivullin before my go pro broke!!

There were plenty of people to sail with, some had travelled over from the main land and their were a few locals. Willy Angus, who runs the local surf and windsurf centre, Wild Diamond, gave great spot advice. The place is really incredible for the variety of conditions. Lots of flat water spots for slalom and freestyle if there are no waves. Hopefully we will have the conditions for next years comp! All our fingers are crossed as this place is world class when it fires, and that’s pretty often around this time of the year.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production