UK Sailor News

ANDY HAS BEEN RETURNED TO US

The sea has given us back our beloved son. His body came ashore yesterday [Wednesday] about 20 miles up the coast from Seaford at Bexhill on Sea during the biggest June storm since just before the D Day landings in 1944.

We would like to thank everyone so very much for all the tributes that have been sent by card, e-mail and on his website. We knew Andy was well liked but could never have realised just how many hearts he had touched in his short life.

A very special thanks to Whitey, Nikky Boy, Nik, Guy, Peter, Mat, Steve, Dave, Richie and all the others who sailed for Andy with me at Shoreham in 48 knots plus yesterday.

I couldn’t have done it without you guys, I was barely holding onto a 3.7 but I know Andy would have been doing doubles for sure.

We are now able to make funeral and memorial service arrangements and will inform you all of these shortly.

Trevor, Linda and Kara Funnell.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production