News

Connor Bainbridge scores £500 from Mars

Connor Bainbridge

Connor Bainbridge, from Halifax, is celebrating after receiving a £500 donation from the MARS Refuel Drink Fund.

Connor is just 16 but already competes in Under 19 windsurfing tournaments and often surpasses his older, more experienced competitors. This year he will compete in both the European and World Championships.

He is currently ranked second in the UK U19 category and to reach such a milestone, Connor has learnt to juggle training, competing and studying for his GCSEs.

Connor explains: “It can be a bit stressful juggling so much at once, but as soon as I am on the water it is all worthwhile. I get such an adrenaline rush from competing and I love everything about the sport.

“I started when I was about nine and never looked back. I windsurf three times a week and train every single day. This donation will go towards a brand new board, which will help me in my next goal – to become UK number one!”

The MARS Refuel Drink Fund aims to help sports clubs and individuals to play sport for longer. The 2010 fund is accepting applications until 31st May 2010.

MARS Refuel is a great source of protein, carbohydrate, calcium and vitamin B.  It’s the milk goodness in MARS Refuel that provides the optimum 4:1 ratio of carbohydrate to protein that helps people to go 50% longer*.

Further information can be found at www.marsrefuel.com. You can also check out the facebook group at http://bit.ly/MarsRefuelDrinkFund.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production