News

FIRST DIVA WEEK OF 2012 AT CLUB VASS

The first Diva week of the season at Club Vass was fantastic, with a total of 15 ladies participating across all levels of ability, blue skies, sunshine and wind in one direction or another every day. Top Diva, Amy Chambers gives Boards a run down of the week.

Sally and Jordan headed up the beginners, with Emily on the improvers and lower intermediates, while I had the higher intermediate and advanced ladies.

Amy and the Divas. Image credit Harry Lawlor/Global Shots.

Day one was a challenging first day, with all the groups getting out on the water, practicing fast tacks and generally blowing the cobwebs away! Monday night saw the Club Vass chefs excel themselves as always, with the welcome dinner to die for.

On Tuesday we had some cross-shore with my girls getting to grips with their shortboard tacks and gybes, and Emily’s group busting out the beach starts.  We had ‘windsurf night’ at the beach bar before some brilliant live music, everyone having been warmed up for dancing by the paddle board session we’d had that morning with the talented ‘Holiday’ Rob!

We had a chance on Wednesday to really practice everything we’d been talking about from non-planing carve gybes to heli tacks on the longboards in the morning then got some clew first beach start practice in later on.

Then on Thursday the wind was absolutely howling, but we got out there nonetheless and practised blasting control and waterstarts.  Jay and Harold from Globalshots had been snapping away all week and we got to see those shots on the big screen before heading into town for a delicious dinner at ‘Oceans’ restaurant.

Amy and the advanced Divas. Image credit Harry Lawlor/Global Shots.

By Friday everyone was feeling the strain of windsurfing for three to four hours a day, so we called in Colin Dixon of Windsurf Coaching and had a mass lawn freestyle session before totally dominating all the races in Race Day!  The Club Vass BBQ was rocking with the theme of ‘70’s Disco’ with Sarah, my Diva of the week definitely having one of the best outfits going!  Susie was Emily’s special Diva and Phoebe from the beginners stood out for Sally and Jordan.  Of course, we couldn’t have finished Diva Week off without that renowned entertainment of the ‘plate dance’ performed by the boys…

My special thanks to Emily, Sally and Jordan for providing amazing instruction and the time and effort put in by all the girls truly contributed to another awesome Diva week, thank you!  Thank you to all the Diva’s who participated, a fantastic atmosphere throughout the week, and it was a pleasure to teach you all, come back again soon!

Amy xxxx

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production