News

Formula in 2013

As Boards announced yesterday, the 2013 UKWA season is jam packed with events for all classes, including of course Formula Windsurfing. One of the top sailors, Chris Bond, now looks forward to another  racing year and invites you to join the action!

Chris Bond

Like many Formula sailors in this country, I downed tools over the winter and I’m now looking forward to the new season – I know this does not apply to all as some hardy/mad soles carry on through ice and snow in order to improve their skills.

The new season offers lots of promise for the Formula fleet with training events and international excursions all planned to run along side the UKWA series. Add to this the possibility of a trial event combining Formula and Slalom, then this should be a year to remember. The combination of the Slalom and Formula has caught the interest of Ant Baker whilst Ross Williams has hinted that he will appear at the odd UKWA event when it fits in with his international calendar – having such names at the events can only draw in more interest and up the level in our performance and overall competition.

In order to improve communication throughout the fleet the UK Formula Windsurfing group was formed on Facebook. Please feel free to join this group and hear about upcoming training, competition and a vast array of second hand kit on offer. In addition to this there is the UKWA website www.ukwindsurfing.com and our own UK Formula website www.formulawindsurfing.co.uk For international news use www.formulawindsurfing.org Any queries at all about Formula windsurfing whether it’s competing or recreational then do not hesitate to contact me on face book or [email protected] Happy sailing.

By Chris Bond GBR 98 sponsored by Point 7, Gaastra, Z-Fins and Robin Hood Watersports

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production