Irish Speed Championships Postponed - Boards Windsurfing

Windsurfing Magazine



Irish Speed Championships Postponed

The Irish Speed Championships, which may have taken place this weekend has been postponed…

We have decided to postpone this weekend’s Speed Event to our Rollover date of November 24th and 25th. This has not been an easy decision to make however given the changing forecasts the suitable conditions appear to be arriving late on Sunday afternoon, with this in mind it would limit our sailing window to perhaps one hour if we are lucky. We will monitor the forecasts ahead of next weekend and keep our fingers crossed for more favourable conditions.

For those of you who will be in and around Dublin on Sunday afternoon, there is a potential that the wall in Dollymount could work for speed conditions. It will be a narrow window late in the afternoon if you fancy giving it a try. This will not be a competition, however your GPS speeds clocked on the day can count towards the GPS rankings for the Irish Championships.

Rob Jones on his way to the 40 knot club.



Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.