News

Keith Atkinson wins British Formula Windsurfing Championships 2012

The 2012 British Formula Windsurfing Championship event was held on the 6th-7th of October at the Olympic Sailing venue in Weymouth, Keith Atkinson, who already holds no less than eleven British titles, took the victory in some close racing between keen rivals, with positions changing during the event between James Briggs and Atkinson. Out of six qualifying races Keith took three 1st places and two seconds however it was all down to the last race but it was Keith who came out on top with a win and in turn secured the event victory and with it the 2012 British Championship title. This win gives Keith his 12th British Windsurfing Championship title.

Interviewed afterwards Keith Atkinson said, “I’m very happy with the result, I felt extremely comfortable with my equipment and was mentally prepared for the event, it was very close and was down to whoever won the last race, I knew what needed to be done and I was happy that I pulled it out of the bag when I needed to. I’d like to thank my sponsors for their incredible support: North Sails, Fanatic, ION, F-hot fins, Marlow ropes, Kennett Watches, Physioactive and Wet ‘n’ Dry boardsports, Keith is looking forward to the 2013 season which starts in March.

Keith Atkinson
Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production