News

Pearse Geaney, 2010 ISS Champion

Pearse Geaney

The final round of the 2010 Irish Windsurfing Slalom Series took place at Kinvarra, Co. Galway over the bank holiday weekend, the 23-25th October 2010.  An early promising forecast failed to materialise over the course of the weekend, and despite the best efforts of all the event crew, the event failed to produce some official racing.

With 2 outright wins from Newtownards (Round 1) and Downings (Round 3), this awarded bigsurf.ie team rider Pearse Geaney (IR100 / bigsurf.ie / MauiSails / RRD) with the overall win for 2010.
Pearse speaking of the 2010 Irish slalom racing series…
“2010 started with a bombshell event in Newtownards…full power, full speed, and all or nothing action at every point on the race course.  Kerry failed to produce sufficient wind, but it did have glorious sunshine, while Downings as ever came true to form with massive courses, big numbers and huge fun.  Really exciting to see 2 new locations in the form of Bantry and Kinvarra on the championship this year and despite there also being no wind at these events, the potential of these locations can only be described as huge.
Overall there was a great turnout to the events in 2010.  The GPS replays in particular brought the whole championship to a new level…there is nowhere to hide when you go wrong on the course…I learnt this first hand!  2011 will be even better, with redefined fleets to make them more competitive and fun, great locations, ever increasing competitor numbers, and big parties…what’s not to like!  If you fancy trying the racing…you should…it’s as easy or as hard as you like, and you don’t need much kit…I used a TR6-XT 7.6m and 102 X-Fire exclusively in 2010.
For me, the winter holds lots of new challenges.  My new RRD Wave Cult Quad 83 is the best wave riding board I’ve had in the last 10 years, while I’m also assisting the development of the 2011 MauiSails TR7s, SRS race masts and carbon booms.  How bad…I get to call this work!
Enjoy the winter…it`s gonna be brilliant!”
Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production