News

PWA Cabo Verde 2010 – Kauli Seadi interview

Going into the final event of the PWA Wave season this weekend in Cabo Verde (aka: Cape Verde), the top four ranked wavesailors have arrived on the island early to work on their new project – Second Life, the movie. (Follow them on Facebook for more.) The driving force behind the project, Andre Paskowski has been talking to them all about the forthcoming event – first up, fourth ranked Kauli Seadi

Kauli in action at PWA Cold Hawaii

If you look at your current World Ranking, could you have imagined you’d be in this position before the year started?

I was quite disappointed with my performance in the single elimination in Pozo, so in the double I fought back and in Denmark I finally returned to the podium. So this has given me hope to do well in Cape Verde, which is my favourite event.

It’s less than a week to go until the event starts. How are you feeling?

I feel that I’ll finally get the chance to ride in the contest conditions I like to ride in, just like regular fun days at home.

What does the Wave World Title mean to you?

It means I have achieved my goal in what I love to do! I wish more and more I could be able to ride in places that have really good waves to make this title really worthwhile.

Who will be the main contenders in the running?

For sure my friend Ricardo Campello and Victor Fernandez will be the guys to beat. But also many others like Josh Angulo who is a local, Alex Mussolini, Danny Bruch and Brawzhinio can do really well here.

What conditions are you hoping for?

Logo-high waves and wind for my 4.8 Fly and 57cm wide JP board, or 4.5 with my 55cm wide quad.

How did you prepare yourself for this special type of event?

Windsurfing is a sport where being on the water matters a lot. I have been in the north of Brazil where I just opened my new centre. There the wind is from the right for waveriding like in Cape Verde and also there is wind every day, so I kept in good rhythm. Off the water I also do pilates to keep my body fit and balanced.

How much gear are you packing?

One SUP, a surfboard, four windsurf boards (all quads), sails from 4.2 to 5.4 Fly from NeilPryde, and a few spare masts!

Why is Cape Verde considered such an awesome wavesailing spot?

Because the waves are so clean and with perfect line-ups. The wind’s the perfect side-offshore direction.

What’s the first thing you’d do if won the title?

Celebrate … call family and friends!

It’s kind of special to have the top four ranked wavesailors in the world working together on the same project. How do you all get on?

We’re all friends, that’s the good thing about the windsurfing world – we’re all like family!

Kauli Seadi

Source: second life, the movie

Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Second-Life-the-movie/160875703937903?ref=ts