PWA

BJORN DUNKERBECK SIGNS TO NORTH SAILS

NORTH SAILS is proud to announce that Bjorn Dunkerbeck will now be pursuing his dreams of a new world record with NORTH SAILS as his partner. Bjorn will continue competing for the Speed Record, the Wave World Title as well as travelling the globe in search of that ultimate location. With slalom on its way back he is ready to start competing and dominating in that arena too, as he did for almost 20 years as a professional.

How did this come about?
Bjorn Dunkerbeck:
“With my friend and former Neil Pryde head tester Jimmy [Diaz] going back to NORTH SAILS, I lost my last communication partner in the sail-development. Hearing of NORTH SAILS setting up a full R&D centre in Gran Canaria made me think to be a part of this “new team”, because these guys want the same things I do. Due to this unique team building up at NORTH SAILS with every single member being the best in his field, I thought of leaving Neil Pryde first time ever after being with them for 15 good and successful years, based more on a commitment than on financial rewards – therefore it’s a long-term contract with the goal to make the best sails and innovate through a continuous year round R&D cycle.

“And in the end it’s the team of people at NORTH SAILS which made the difference for me. With being so closely involved into the NORTH SAILS R&D, I’m fully confident and motivated to dominate the speed and racing scene. Plus I like the family atmosphere within the team really pushing each other to the max – this has and will always be my way of working.”

So now the stage is set and Bjorn’s goals are clear for the future:
• A new speed record pushing 50knots before any other sail craft
• Continue to do the speed tour
• Long distance competitions with 100s of pros and amateurs
• More World Titles in Wave and Slalom/Racing
• Give back what the sport gave to me by motivating people for the greatest sport in the world
• Being involved not only in the Race/Speed development but also in the Freeride development

Raoul Joa (Line Manager): “Bjorn approached NORTH SAILS, as he has the feeling that only NORTH SAILS with its brand position and team perfectly matches with his personal goals; taking the speed record and dominating slalom as soon as it comes back. The NORTH SAILS R&D-team will be setting up a base in Gran Canaria and therefore Bjorn will be 100% involved. With his unmatched experience Bjorn will be a unique asset for the Speed/Race sail development but also to improve our Freeride sails. NORTH SAILS´ goal is to dominate the windsurfing racing sport as clearly as the brand dominates the yachting race scene. The first clear target is to break the world speed record!”

Kai Hopf (Sail Designer): “Bjorn and myself have known one another over 20 years now. I respect Bjorn as the most professional and successful windsurfer of all time. With the trust Bjorn has placed in our North sails R&D team, including myself, we will without question aim to be the number one brand in the sport.”

Now finally what belongs together comes together! The NORTH SAILS DREAM TEAM is at last a reality and windsurfing can expect more
revolutions in product and R&D.

Keep on Windsurfing – your NORTH SAILS team

Pic by Reinhard Mueller – www.imagefactory-es.com

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production