UK Sailor News

UKWA / BWA Amateur Champion

Dave Horrocks, Phil’s younger brother, has had a great season on the Amateur Wave Tour winning three out of the four events. The amateur series was hotly contested this year mainly because the kind people at Starboard put up a 2010 waveboard for the overall winner.

After perusing the brochures, Dave has chosen the Starboard Kode 74 Wood for sailing at his local beach: Rhosneigr.

Dave said: “I’m incredibly happy to be Amateur Champion this year, especially when we’ve had such good conditions at all the events. I came close to winning it a few years back on Tiree but could only manage second that time, so to win it this year feels all the more hard earned.

“A massive thank you to Starboard for putting forward such an excellent prize. I can’t wait to get out at Rhosneigr and tear up some big waves with my new Kode 74. It really is an awesome prize and seriously appreciated as it means I no longer have to borrow my brother’s boards!

“So once again thank you Starboard and Dave Hackford in particular for supporting this year’s tour in such a big way, and a big thanks to all at the UKWA / BWA for making the events happen.”

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production