Features

Win 3 x Sets of NEW K4 Rockets

Here at Boards we love K4 fins, and we would like to give you the opportunity to love them, too.

Boards and K4 are giving away 3 x sets of NEW K4 Rockets.

To enter, you need to complete our Boards readers survey below and then 3 lucky winners will be picked at random. Each winner will receive a set of K4 Rockets, sent to their home address.

The competition closes on the 4th of January, so make sure you answer the simple questions on page two to be in with a chance of winning! You must enter a valid email address to be entitled to a prize. The 3 winners will be picked at random and emailed after the 4th of January, you will need to respond to this email within one week, or a new winner will be chosen.

Click on page two here or below to enter.

But first, read more about the new K4 Rocket wave fins from the man himself, Steve Thorp…

k4 rocket wave fins

Sizes:

US/SLOT 14.5 15.5 16.5 17.5

US/SLOT/MT 8 10 12 13

* smaller sizes can be used as quad/tri fronts or rear trailers.

We could see there was a trend with wave fin templates to go with a straighter leading edge, with less (or no) swept tip, almost like having slalom fins in the back of your wave board. It seemed like a really good idea to produce that style of fin in our flexible ‘optiflex’ material as this would lend them a bit more grip and forgiveness, whilst maintaining the speed and lift people liked the g10 ones for.

We made a lot of different quad prototypes with everything from very upright to very swept back weed fins. It was the very upright ones, especially in the hands of Aleksy Gayda that were the favourites. Leky loved the lift in onshore conditions and stated that he pretty much learned upwind 360s because of them and that was using the 14 rear quads on their own as twins. We really knew then that we were onto something.

Full gallery…

In fact I now find the rockets in my boards far more often than I ever thought possible. Although they are designed to go amazing in onshore conditions (wide base for drive, upright for lift and pivoty turns), they have also proved to be surprisingly good in proper down the line. I’ve had them out in the slabby critical waves on the Orkney Islands and also in the double mast high waves at the Cribbar, where you really want a fin set up that’s fast and secure.

Those really are the benefits; a very direct feeling fin with almost slalom like speed and lift, whilst also feeling secure and drivey with the wide base. Great for boosting big jumps and onshore ripping, and also for down the line sailing when you need speed to make sections and boost airs.

Click page two to enter now!

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production