People

2013 Champions: Jony Price

This year the BWA amateur title has been hotly contested, but it is 21 year old Jony Price that has taken the win ahead of Julian Leach and Sam Latham.

Boards caught up with Price to find out more about his successful year: 

Jony Price

“I’m super happy to take the ams title for the year! It’s the first year I’ve done the whole tour and after four incredibly fun road trips around the UK I would fully recommend anyone else to do it!

“A big thanks to Jim, Ross and Steve for all their support and encouragement; I’m really looking forward to next year!

“I’m excited for the challenge of being in the pro fleet next year, but I’ve definitely got a long way to go. I’ll be spending the winter searching for the best conditions I can find in the UK and Ireland – hopefully I’ll learn a thing or two and improve my sailing at the same time! 

“Equipment wise, I’ve been using my Vandal sails and Tabou boards with K4 fins all year.

“My favourite event this year has got to be Cornwall, the Bluff was going off! I was pretty disappointed there wasn’t enough daylight hours to run the ams double on Sunday, but I had a so much fun sailing them waves anyway.

“Also, Chucky’s Tiree expression session – probably the most fun 20 mins of windsurfing ever! Everyone from all fleets were goin for it 100%! Some more of that next year please!”

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production