1. No more wetsuit tan! Yes the sun has been shining in the UK, but the water’s still cold making bikini/boardshirt windsurfing nigh on impossible. The only way to get rid of the dreaded tshirt/wetsuit tan is with some well earned r and r somewhere a little further afield.
2. Of course we don’t just want sunshine, we want wind, and lots of it. Luckily the summer brings trade winds across much of Greece, Turkey, the Canaries and many more. The beauty of the summer is the pure abundance of windy locations, practically on our doorstep. Or at least within a couple of hours cheap flight. Make the most of the opportunity, after summer you will have to head even further away in search of warm water and wind.
3. Bragging rights. Nothing beats an incredible windsurf session, well apart from a week of incredible windsurf sessions and then being able to gloat about nailing your carve gybes to your mates back at your local spot.
4. Keep the other half happy. Is your better half constantly moaning about the amount of time you’re spending at the beach without them? Combine your two loves and ‘treat’ the man/lady in your life to a week away. Pick your location wisely, whilst they may not be happy to lay on a very rocky Pozo beach with hurricane force winds blowing, there are plenty of holiday locations that will offer you great windsurfing and keep your partner happy too.
5. Incredible deals! Yup, most holiday companies offer very, very good deals on last minute packages. Boards recommends: