Features

SWA Champions of 2012

Interviewing Ollie Acton (K448), Freestyle series winner from Southampton Solent University. Sponsored by Andy Biggs, Starboard, Tushingham

Q: Which event did you enjoy the most this year?

Aussie Kiss last year was amazing, the SWA really pushed it up to another level with so much demo gear, live music, parties and we had wind!

Q: What was your best result, and which result meant the most to you?

Best result was at the Bristol Core event because I won and there was some decent wind, however the nationals meant a lot more because it was the decider for winning the brand new board and also Solent won the BUCS team racing gold.

Ollie Acton

Q: What do you look forward to about next year?

More of the same really, like probably everyone else I’m already looking forward to Aussie Kiss at the start of next year.

Q: Is there anything you’d like to see next year?

I’d like to see more people entering in the freestyle competition. I’m not too sure people realized but if they had just entered at every event, done a heli-tack or something they would have won the freestyle series and the board!  But competing isn’t always about winning, for some inspiration check out Will’s article (http://boards.co.uk/features/competitive.html ), pretty much says it all. Next year I’m defiantly coming to every event!

Q: So what are your plans for summer?

I’ve just come back from a two week windsurf holiday in Fuerteventura, it’s mentally windy there, pretty much spent the whole holiday on the 4.2. Did some filming for the first time there so should have a windsurf video sorted soon which is cool.  I’m off to teach windsurfing at Minorca Sailing to earn a bit of money and spend a bit more time in the sun.  Come September I’ll be at the National Windsurf Festival and at Windfest, hopefully seeing a lot of SWA members there!

Ollie Acton

Q: Solent windsurf club has a talented crew at the moment, meaning amazing results at some events. Can we expect to see more from you next year?

Yeh, we have some awesome windsurfers at Solent, from top level freestylers to international racers.  Our club president Chubsey (Adam Chubbock) is planning big things for next year so you’ll see a lot more of us at all the events.  From a competing point of view you should expect more of same from us, and hopefully some results in the waves and racing series too.

check out the other interviews on the next pages below….

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production