News

HIGH.TV RELAUNCHED

World Premier Broadband Extreme Sports Channel Offers Viewers Complete TV & DVD Experience

www.High.tv, the World’s first broadband extreme sports channel created by Narrowstep, the TV on the Internet Company, is being re-launched today with a completely new and sophisticated look for Summer 2005.

After eighteen months of development of the current player, High.tv, Narrowstep’s flagship channel, has been redesigned to offer the viewer a more enjoyable and complete TV experience with increased functionality, new content, a stylish new design and more control for the viewer.

New features include full VCR controls – fast forward, rewind button and mute button. In addition, is the mini mode – the ability to minimise the TV screen so that viewers can continue working whilst still having the player in one corner of the screen.

Developers in the US and UK have also added the following new features to www.High.tv

·         Local time display – TV schedules and live events now shown in your local time

·         Network performance (quality of service) indicator – intelligent analysis of how the video stream is being delivered to the viewer

·         DVD “chapter” view lets you see each part within a programme

·         New sophisticated look and numerous other new features and improvements

Iolo Jones CEO of Narrowstep said, “High.tv is an excellent example of what narrowcasting TV is all about and the new Player shows how sophisticated the technology can be. But for the extreme sports fan, the technology is incidental. They just care that they can see their favourite sports anytime, anyplace, anywhere.”

Graham Bell, former Olympic Skier said, “I think High.tv is a great concept – to be able to watch my sport and many others when I like and where I like gives me utmost control and freedom of choice. Broadband television offers a whole new medium which is catching on rapidly and will soon become the preferred choice of accessing great content in a high quality format.” 

The channel is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from anywhere in the world with a broadband connection. The channel has been running for almost two years and within that time, High.tv has accumulated a loyal global following amongst extreme sports fans around the world who regularly log on to watch live windsurfing from Hawaii and Europe, snowboarding from the leading Ticket to Ride events, kitesurfing from all corners of the globe or many of the other sports that High.tv has to offer.

The channel is free to view and is paid for by advertisers and sponsors who include Sony Ericsson, Philips, Nissan, Nike, Red Bull, Canon, HSBC, KPMG, COI, AOL, Easy jet, Quiksilver and Warner Bros.

High.tv can also be found on the sports broadband pages of ISP partners such as AOL UK, Tiscali, Wanadoo, Blueyonder, Comcast – US and Windows Media in the UK, United States, Australia and Canada.

To mark the launch, High.tv will be exclusively broadcasting highlights from the King of the Caribbean professional windsurfing competition which commenced this week in Bonaire.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production