News

AMY CARTER JOINS GAASTRA/TABOU

Gaastra/Tabou are delighted to announce their new National Team Rider, Amy Carter.

“We are stoked that Amy will be joining our very successful UK Team,”  said Nik Green, Gaastra/Tabou UK Brand Manager.

“Amy is a boy racer at heart in search of anyone to have a burn up with down the local speed strip, and most of the time she will hit the finish line first. She will be joining Ross Williams, Steve Allen and Dave White on the PWA Slalom and the international Speedsailing tour this year, and will flourish with this wealth of experience around her.

“I watched her race in her first Super 8 races down in Poole many years ago when she was a whipper-snapper, and now she is up there with some of the best. We can look forward to watching Amy develop to a real force to be reckoned with.”

Said Amy: “With Gaastra/Tabou having the perfect weapons of choice and Dave White heading the International speed team I can’t wait to start training with Whitey out in Egypt .The New Gaastra sails and Tabou boards will suit my riding style, and I couldn’t be happier riding for the two companies. I am really excited about competing in the UKWA, PWA and International Speedsurfing tours this year. I am out to prove just how fast I can go on my new, super cool kit, with defending my position of Fastest Woman at Weymouth Speedweek one of my priorities, as well as trying to score some top results on the international scene. Special thanks to Nik and Whitey for supporting me, as well as the guys from Queen Mary, who I will be working with, instructing for, and sailing with quite a bit in-between competitions. Club Dahab are hosting some exciting events in the very near future, including the ladies only Diva Week, sponsored by Board Angels, and coached by Angel Riders, yours truly and top instructor Jo Scott. This is followed by Whitey’s ‘Need for Speed’, the Camel Cup, and then a pro freestyle week with none other than UK Freestyle Champ Andy ‘Bubble’ Chambers dishing out the tips. All this means will be out there for a good few weeks tuning and training, as well as being available to do some personal coaching…”

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production