News

JIMMY DIAZ SIGNS WITH F2

Jimmy Diaz signs with F2

F2 Windsurfing is proud to welcome the top formula and slalom racer Jimmy Diaz in the F2 international team.

Jimmy has performed extremely well in the slalom and formula discipline in the past years and will play a major role at the PWA tour again in 2006.

Jimmy: “My main reason for changing is, that I believe in Patrik’s ability as a shaper. Last year I raced formula and slalom on F2 boards and was super happy with them. All four models were extremely competitive and showed great consistency. I don’t believe any other company had the performance and consistency across their entire racing range. I have seen how diligent and meticulous Patrik is in designing and shaping boards and how much effort he puts into them. This gives me great confidence to race on his boards. Bottom line is that the boards are solid, consistent designs that have what it takes to win races.”

Birthday: November 17, 1968

Place of birth: Madrid, Spain

Residence in: Virgin Islands, Maui

Favourite discipline: Slalom

Competing since: 1983

Best results:

Year/Event Rank

2005 Formula Worlds, Australia 4th Overall

2005 PWA Slalom 42 7th Overall

Masters World Champion Formula

and Slalom – 2005

Favourite F2 board: SX

Favourite manoeuvre: Passing 4 guys at a jibe mark

Favourite spot in Europe: Pozo Izquierdo

Favourite spot outside Europe: Maui

Favourite food: Latin

Favourite music: Latin

Hobbies (besides windsurfing): Cycling, Tennis, Sudoku

How I started windsurfing: Took a lesson in the Virgin Islands

Goals: For 2006: Top 3 PWA slalom and Formula

My opinion on life: Take full advantage of it. It’s a beautiful thing. Enjoy it and respect it.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production