News

SOS – THE NEW BRAND FROM SEAN ORDONEZ

SOS – the new brand of Sean Ordonez

Sean Ordonez has launched his new brand SOS this spring. “My goal with SOS is to heighten my passion and affinity with waves and wind and I am grateful to have the opportunity to handcraft innovative board designs for many of the world’s best watermen and women”, says the 37-year old renowned shaper, surfer and waverider.

Sean Ordonez is widely regarded as one of the most innovative craftsmen of the Northshore and a genius mastermind in terms of using new custom-made technologies and doing R&D development. But more than anything, Sean’s shapes are pure art, “just damn good & sexy boards” as the word of mouth is spreading from beach to beach and they are now available for everybody around the world.

SOS offers a full range of surfboards for professionals to beginners and also has some mindblowing prototypes in the program. Make sure to check out the “prototype” section on the website. An advanced line of tow-in surfing boards sums up the new product range.

A long awaited range of waveboards for windsurfers is also available now, boards used recently by the world’s best waveriders, such as Jason Polakow, Kevin Pritchard and Sean Ordonez himself, winning him a second place at the 2005 Aloha Classic.

Sean has also been on the forefront of developing and testing stand-up paddle boards during the past two winters and has been seen pushing his limits in this new action sport. There is hardly anyone riding that gracefully on a stand-up paddleboard on the Northshore than Sean. The result are a totally new style of performance boards, “The Big Red” and “The Big Blue”. Build in light Epoxy Styro Vacuum Sandwich technology, those boards are a natural blend of a surfboard, windsurf-board and a canoe. The “Big Red” is ideal for distance and downwind coastline racing or even lake exploring and when glassy conditions catch a small sea breeze, this board converts into a light wind sailboard.

Sean Ordonez: “The SOS line of boards is not just a production line, it is a limited edition custom production series. I have set up my own factory with a partner in China and will be travelling there at least once a month to supervise production and shipping.”

SOS ships boards directly from factory to your home and is currently also seeking distributors in Europe.

About Sean Ordonez
The Columbian-born US waverider & surfer has been in the shaping room since 1986. Back then he was an apprentice of world renowned surfboard shaper Ricky Carrol, working at his Natural Arts Surfboards in Florida. In 1990 Sean moved to Maui, Hawaii, and got hooked onto the booming windsurfing industry as a professional waverider and shaper. Working for “Sailboards Maui” the world’s best windsurfers were excelling on his boards. In 1993 Sean Ordonez was one of the founders of “Quatro”, which became a very successful custom-made and production board brand in windsurfing. He sold his shares and has moved on to new endeavours in tow-in surfing, surfing, kiteboarding, and has now brought all his knowledge and experience into launching his SOS brand in 2006.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production