News

HELP BEN APPEAL

Dear Boards

I am in the process of organising a Fund Raising Fun Cruise down Southampton Water from Eling to Calshot, a distance of 10.89 miles not allowing for to many tacks or gybes, on 24th Sept. 06. The object is to raise money for an operation for my grandson, Ben.  

Aged two and a half, Ben was born with a foot defect called congenital bilateral talipes – which means his feet have turned inwards. Ben has already undergone 2 operations since he was born; the first one was to close a hole in his heart using open heart surgery and in the second his feet have been operated on (see the above picture) Unfortunately the last foot operation was not as successful as hoped.

I have been in contact with some of the importers asking if they would supply some old stock for a raffle at Solentsailboards and I am very pleased with their response.

I am not advertising for people to sail with me as I can only get one safety craft although two or three will be coming with me from Calshot, hopefully including John Popkiss main man at Solentsailboards.

If anyone wants to sponsor me they can contact me on 07795420475 or at [email protected], or at Sanglo, Branksome Ave. Chilbolton, Stockbridge, Hants. SO20 6AH. Donations can also be made via Ben’s website at http://www.helpben.co.uk/

Thank you

David Rabbetts

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production