News

COLGATE PWA WORLD CUP, SYLT – DAY ONE

The 2006 Colgate PWA World Cup Sylt, Day One

Summertime temperatures and light winds prevent competition starting in Sylt just yet. The huge beachside event site and its hospitality areas keep the crowds and competitors happy for now. But despite the fun and games the focus of the pros is never far away from the job at hand. The forecast points to Slalom 42 or Freestyle being the most likely to kick off first.

Finian plays ball on the beach

Iballa stays occupied

Taty just wants to go sail!

So what goes through the minds of the top players during such a waiting game – especially those at the top, waiting for the chance take the lead? What do they think about? Where is their focus? We thought we’d find out…

Kauli Seadi (BRA-253, Quatro / Naish); 2nd in the wave rankings. 11th in Freestyle. “All my focus is on the freestyle as it doesn’t look like we’re going to get many waves”

Taty Frans (NB-9, Starboard / MauiSails); 2nd in freestyle. “Last night I could hardly sleep for thinking about getting on the water. All I want to do is just go sailing!”

Iballa Moreno (E-63, Mistral/ North Sails);”I just try to keep my mind busy instead of sitting around and waiting”

Finian Maynard (KV-11 F2 / NeilPryde); lying third in the Slalom 42. ” To be honest I feel super-relaxed and I feel absolutely no pressure whatsoever”

Kevin Pritchard; wave tour leader, and second placed in Slalom 42. “I’m just hoping my gear arrives before the wind does!”

The weather forecast points to the possibility of Slalom or freestyle being the most likely to start first, with no suitable waves on the horizon as yet. Skippers’ meeting tomorrow is set for 09.00

Check www.pwaworldtour.com tomorrow and each day for live updates, results, daily summaries and more.

Or, for more information, please contact the PWA office at [email protected]

© PWA / Brian McDowell

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production