News

KEITH ATKINSON COMPLETES THE UK TRIPLE

KEITH ATKINSON COMPLETES THE UK TRIPLE

It was down to the wire for Keith Atkinson who finished the 2006 UK Formula Windsurfing season by winning all five races in the final UKWA Inland event held at Farmoor. The win gave Keith not only the 2006 BRITISH FORMULA INLAND WINDSURFING CHAMPIONSHIP title but it added vital points that he required to retain his 2005 overall title making him the 2006 BRITISH FORMULA WINDSURFING CHAMPION.

In July Keith also won the 2006 BRITISH FORMULA OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP title at Christchurch in a memorable weekend when he won seven out of seven races. This gives him all three UKFormula titles for 2006.

This season Keith has taken part in a total of 34 UKWA races and has had first places in no less than 28, However his UKWA championship title battle was put on hold when he had to miss the fifth round held at Clacton early in September as this event clashed with the World Formula Windsurfing championships in Korea. Therefore it was all down to him winning the ‘Inland Championship Series’ to secure the overall title for 2006.

Keith said “like would like to thank all my sponsors including, ‘STARBOARD’, ‘PHYSIOACTIVE’, ‘FIT to PERFORM’, BILBOS MOTORHOMES and VW – EUROVANS without their help my 2006 success would not have been possible. After a very short break I will be off to Sardinia to test kit and train with Andrea Cucci, the Italian number one Windsurfer and head of the new windsurfing equipment brand, POINT-7. this will proceed throughout the winter including intense gym training and equipment preparation for the 2007 season”.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production