News

SHARK VS BOARD

Just received interesting news from Marc Stahli, a great wavesailor living on the west coast of Australia who got attacked by a shark and lived to tell the tale. Not only that, but his board survived reatively intact too – testimony to the strength of modern production technology.

We thought it would make a fun story so here’s Marc’s email to Starboard and some pix of his board punctured with the teeth marks from the Tiger Shark’s bite.

The shark was recently spotted with a swollen jaw and nursing his broken teeth. So in the case of Shark vs. Dur-X: Dur-X wins!

Shark attacks Dur-X technology
News

Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:01 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: shark attack in Gnaraloo

G’day Svein

As a local Geraldton windsurfer and long time supporter of your great products, I currently own a 2007 70 Evo and a 2006 80 Acid with teethmarks.

While up in Gnaraloo on our annual windsurfing trip two weeks ago I had an interesting encounter with a tiger shark at the bommie on the 6th of October sailing my 2006 80 acid. Due to the damage of the board (as the photos tell Scott McKercher) kindly lent me his 2007 80 acid for the remainder of our holiday – loved it.

All the sailors are telling me not to repair the board and keep it as a memento. The problem is that I no longer have a floaty board . I’m now convinced that Starboard make the toughest boards in the world, even sharks choke on them.

Cheers Marc

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production