News

WATERSWEETS OCEAN CARNIVAL

Club Vass Gate Crash the Czech National Championships at the Watersweets Ocean Carnival

Simon Hurrey reports…

The Czech national championships were held this week here in Vassiiki.  There was Slalom and Freestyle set around a well organised festival which included BMX jump shows, a miss bikini contest and live music.

Colin Dixon , Olly Scott and myself entered the freestyle.  With a few good greek freestylers and Andrew Erban of the Czech republic also entered it was not going to be a walk in the park…..  I had a shocking start, Olly knocked me out early after sailing a very solid heat.  I therefore had to claw my way back through the double elimination ladder sailing 9 heats, which included having to beat the much improved Colin twice.

So, at last I have won my first contest! In the words of Ben Proffitt “it’s about time you won something….”

Final results:

1st Simon Hurrey

2nd Colin Dixon

3rd Andrew Erban (1st Czech)

4th Olly Scott

Well done to the Watersweets crew and the local authorities for putting on a great week and thanks to everyone who made the effort to come here and compete.

Simon is sponsored by RRD, Club Vass, Boardwise, Sola, Onfire and Da Kine.

Newsletter Terms & Conditions

Please enter your email so we can keep you updated with news, features and the latest offers. If you are not interested you can unsubscribe at any time. We will never sell your data and you'll only get messages from us and our partners whose products and services we think you'll enjoy.

Read our full Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions.

production